Q. Is it a Submarine or a Grinder? Or perhaps a Hero? A. All of the above.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Don't You Love this Weather?

Well, Autumn certainly gave Summer the slip...it went straight from the 90s to the 60s!

It is gorgeous out, and I am looking forward to experiencing my first New England Autumn (not so much the Winter)! We packed up all our Summer duds (do they still say that, "duds?") and unpacked the assortment of flannels and sweaters and all the clothes I am not-yet sick of.

Dr. Pete and I also got the number 1 and number 2 tickets to the Half Door's 3rd Annual Beer & Game Food pairing party! Amazingly, there is only one dish on the menu that my diet forbids - the Antelope. As luck would have it, it is also served with Bleu Cheese, and I happen to be allergic. So I had to scan the menu for you all to check out.

The only thing I have never had on the menu is turtle. Man, I dig turtles (to look at, not to eat) and I figure this is the only time I will indulge, so in the spirit of what the hell?

CLICK images to enlarge!

I'm only annoyed that I have to wait until late October!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...fried pumpkin pie?

Seriously, it sounds like a great pub and a delicious evening. Enjoy!

Kim, PbD said...

Frankly, I am slightly mystified by the entire menu.

Remember that movie, "The Graduate?"

I read a study somewhere that said that after 30 years old, you only have a 5% chance of ever eating anything you have never had before.

I've had all of the foods (sans turtle) but a few...not in a loooong time.

I bet the fried pumpkin pie will be amazing (I hope!)

Interested Bystander said...

Wow! This is incredible! It should be a fantastic time for you and the good doctor.

Sure it sucks to have to wait until the end of October, but, like many things, the anticipation is half the enjoyment.

The fried pumpkin pie sounds just decadent -- in other words, awesome!

I hope you guys have a wonderful time!!

Kim, PbD said...

Why did I say "The Graduate?" Brain fart.

I meant "The Freshman."

*sigh*

Interested Bystander said...

Heh. I have to admit I was a little puzzled by "The Graduate" question. An awesome movie and one of my favorites, but I didn't get the connection.

Now, I've never seen "The Freshman," but I Googled and it looks interesting. I will add it to my list of movies to rent.

I'm really loving your blog, Kim. Keep at it. Definitely good stuff!