Q. Is it a Submarine or a Grinder? Or perhaps a Hero? A. All of the above.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Game Dinner Part II!




Here are the rest of the pictures from the awesome Game Dinner at the Half Door! For some weird reason, I lost the photo of our beer host, and I am really sorry about that. He did an AMAZING job pairing the beer, and I want to give credit where it is due.

He's promoting a new restaurant, Fraiche, in Fairfield, that promises to be excellent. We will see, right?!?

So the top photo is the famed fried pumpkin, which was astonishing. And they gave us THREE of them!!! The beer for the dessert round was champaign without bubbles, but in a good way. A superb beer. The ice cream you see in the middle was sage-flavored, which may sound weird but I just love the combination of sweet+savory.

Then the other photo is all the beer we had, courtesy of our next door table neighbors, who kindly collected all the bottles for us to take pictures, and also kindly weren't phased in the least that I was taking photos of all the dishes.

And there's your author and Dr. Pete, full of happy food and beer.

So...next up....Halloween! Standby!

3 comments:

Interested Bystander said...

Those are all really great pics, Kim!

OMG, the desserts look very, very, good! I've never tried sage ice cream, but it sounds interesting. I actually love the taste of sage, so I'm guessing I'd like it. I also can see it being an excellent compliment to the fried pumpkin.

And, something tells me you will be checking out Fraiche, before long. Awesome.

Obviously, I'm going to have to track down and sample some of those beers. It was really cool that the restaurant didn't mind the photo-taking. Did they have any idea that you would be commenting on a blog about the event? That kind of publicity is really excellent advertising for a restaurant to receive.

Last, but certainly not least, I love the photo of you and Dr. Pete! What a cute couple!!

Btw, your blog just keeps getting better and better!

Kim, PbD said...

Half Door knows, more or less, that I blog. I feel bad mostly about Brendan and losing his picture. He did a really good job.

Here is a recipe for something similar to what we ate:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/105626

I have an ice cream maker that I have not given a spin in a while - this might be worth it!

Interested Bystander said...

Thanks for the recipe! I have an ice cream maker that has sat idle in the cupboard for ages.

This could be a good excuse to break it out of there!